Tuesday, April 28, 2009

For the love of ice cream.




I finished these ads up a few weeks back for Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams, and I'm just the happiest little clam. For those that aren't familiar, Jeni's is pretty monumental in Columbus for their dedication to supporting local farms and the fact that they have the tastiest, most unique flavors! My flavor is Bourbon Buttered Pecan with their homemade caramel sauce, always. Hea-ven-ly.

The assignment was to create a 3 part magazine ad series for the company of our choice, and well... I cannot deny my endless love affair with ice cream. One of the main reasons I love and am so loyal to Jeni's is because of their impeccable signage. Their designs are always so clean, fresh, fun and modern. I really didn't think I could improve it at all, so I tried to create ads that complimented each other and could be functional both in print- such as magazines, or the local Columbus paper- or could each hold their own as a poster for the shop, which also ties in to their current aesthetic.

The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the "Think outside the carton..." bit, which was only added to appease my instructor. It's a little Taco Bell-ish, is it not? Regardless, I think I did fairly well and I am fairly happy. I am currently working on a mailer to accompany my ads, which should be up soon!

Leave me some feedback, P's & Q's!



No comments:

Post a Comment